Yes the title is clichéd horribly but I couldn’t think of anything clever or funny so I had to go with it. Plus it get’s to the point, and that that point being; New Year Resolutions.
So in no particular order here are a few idea’s I have of thing’s I plan to do in 2015, photograph-wise.
- Shoot more. Just more in general. You may have noticed that my posting’s are a little erratic in their style, as in some have a lot more photograph’s in than other’s, and that’s because of how little I get to actually go out with my camera. When I do I tend to have a blitz of post’s of new material that starts to dry up and is then rationed slowly over a few weeks and then, bam, it starts again. So hopefully shooting more images mean’s more post’s of particular styles.
- Leading on from the last point is this; shoot better. Now I’m not saying I think every photo i take is awful but I do think that a combination of shooting more means that I’ll have a better hit ratio of solid quality images to share with you. It’s a vague resolution but there we have it.
- Use more variety of camera’s. As you’re likely aware I tend to use most often my Olympus OM-1 and Olympus OM-D EM-5 for street and my Nikon D5200 for landscape, I have a lot more than just these though. So I think perhaps giving these a rest now and again and dusting off the old Canon AE-1, the Olympus Trip or my newly acquired Leica 111c will add a bit of variety to the blog. (p.s. there’s a lot more than just those, they’re just some examples of the camera’s you’ll see more usage from)
- Start a Photography Project. Been meaning to do this for a while, a 365 day project is a little too much of a stretch for me, I have a job and other commitments, but a 52 week project with different theme’s across the year is doable and I have read up on one or two that have tickled my fancy. So this one is pretty much guaranteed to happen.
- Increase readership/viewer-ship. Ok this one is a slightly selfish one, it’s about aiming to get more people viewing/reading this blog and my photography. At present there’s around 178 (ish) followers of this blog and around 328 (ish) followers of my Flickr, I’d like to increase that. More people who see my photo’s the happier that makes me right? This is the only one I’m going to set an actual quantifiable target for, however low and pathetic it may be so here goes: End of 2016 followers, Blog: 300, Flickr 500. That seem’s doable since this has only been around for just under a year and has more than half that number so far. How I go about doing this I do not know, haven’t thought that much into it, but hopefully by the end of 2016 I’ll be writing a similar post and lot’s of new friend’s will be reading it.
- Start a new photo series. The regular street photography series I have been doing will continue but I feel like adding something new as well, perhaps a recurring landscape series or portrait, I don’t really know.As you can tell this list is getting thin on the ground.
So there we have it, what do you think? Anything you suggest I could add? And what about yourselves? Have you got any resolutions you plan on making? Let me know in the comment’s.